Monday, 9 February 2009

Bullshit Nostalgia: Joysticks (1983)

One of the greatest things about video rentals was the dodgy trailers to films you've never heard of. Here we have a new segment, Bullshit Nostalgia.

I grew up during the 1980s and was a little tyke when producers were still trying to cash in on the success of National Lampoon's Animal House and Porky's, pumping out sleazy high school comedies with some gags and a bit of T & A. I remember the trailer to this film, Joysticks, though I've never seen the film. Channel Nine screened the film once and all I remember from the ad was the scene where the hot-dog slips out and gets stuck in a babe's cleavage; I was never the same again. Here is the trailer for your approval.



I know they keep making cruddy college comedies post-American Pie that go to straight to DVD, but there's something about this number with the stock characters (your nerd, your fat guy, your authority figure played by one of our favourites here, Joe Don Baker) and the jumping on board the new craze of the video games (love the lame song at the end) that makes one nostalgic. Also I love how wet these cheap-o movie knock-offs look. You feel like you'd need to wash your hands after watching Joysticks.

2 comments:

Mitch said...

So much potential norg action. Not to mention the handjob innuendo.

Jessica McLeod said...

Oh shit I have seen this movie! It is insane!